- Throw Some Starfish
- Live The Quote
- Lift Your Lid
Throw Some Starfish
- You have one of the most difficult jobs on Earth.
- You need a compelling reason “why?” you are a private school leader.
- My “why?” is “Throwing Starfish”. CLICK HERE for the Starfish Story.
- Do you want to know one of the main reasons that you are so tired at the end of the day? It is because you have a meaningful and impactful job, but as private school leaders we often spend our time doing things that are not meaningful or impactful.
- In November of 2010, I needed a compelling reason to lose weight. The number on the scale the day after Thanksgiving 2010 did not move me.
- My New Year’s Resolution did not move me.
- My doctor at my annual physical told me that I was at risk for adult onset diabetes and he asked me, “Mark, do you want to be around to walk your daughters down the aisle?”
- Now I had a compelling reason to lose weight and I lost 60 pounds in the next 10 months.
- I strongly encourage you to get really clear on the compelling reason why you are a private school leader.
- CLICK HERE for Simon Sinek’s TED Talk: “How Great Leaders Inspire Action”
- (The links below are affiliate links. If you purchase through this link, I get a commission of 4% of the price of the book to help defray the costs of the podcast and the website. You don’t have to use these links.)
- CLICK HERE for Simon Sinek’s book, “Start With Why”
Live the Quote
- “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou
How do I “Live the Quote?”
- Be Intentional
- Practice Servant Leadership
- Apply Emotional Intelligence
- Lead With Empathy
- Prioritize Integrity
- Turn Listening Into Your Superpower
- If you only focus on one thing: be very intentional about encouraging others.
Lift Your Lid
- Author and leadership expert John Maxwell says, “Leadership determines the level of your effectiveness.”
- Question Number One: Where is my leadership lid?
- Question Number Two: “What is my intentional plan to grow as a leader?”
- CLICK HERE for John Maxwell’s book: “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”
Please follow, rate and review this podcast. The rating helps this podcast to be heard by more leaders and your review gives me valuable feedback so that I can better serve you in future episodes. If you got value from this episode, please text the link to an aspiring leader at your school. Thanks!
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay