The 4 New Year's Resolutions Every Private School Leader Should Make
- I will follow the 15/30 rule of self care (Set aside 15 minutes every weekday and 30 minutes on Saturday and Sunday where you prioritize self care. 15 minutes a day where you do something to take care of yourself).
- I will always know what to do next at work (Picture this: You are sitting at your desk, on the corner of your desk is an index card, on it are 3-4 tasks that start with a verb, this is your MUST DO LIST, when you sit down at your desk, you will NOT OPEN EMAIL, you will start working on the next thing on your MUST DO LIST. You will always know WHAT TO DO NEXT).
- I will practice intentional encouragement once a day (Notice which of your people need to be encouraged, write 2-3 sentences in a text, email or Post-It, use the “habit stacking” strategy so that you do it every day)
- I will have an intentional plan for my leadership growth (Write down the one thing that you are going to do 30 minutes every week to grow yourself as a leader)
Call to Action
- Pick just one of these four New Year’s Resolutions, try it for three weeks and then email me to let me know how it’s going [email protected]
If you implement any of these strategies at your school, I would love to hear from you! Send me a quick note at [email protected] and tell me about it. I can answer your questions and I’m also good at giving pep talks when you get stuck!
CLICK HERE for a bunch of free resources, including Plug & Play PD's (video webinars with guided notes) for you to use with your teachers, Top Lists of Leadership Books, Productivity Books, TED Talks and much more!
Please follow, rate and review this podcast. The rating helps this podcast to be heard by more leaders and your review gives me valuable feedback so that I can better serve you in future episodes. If you got value from this episode, please text the link to an aspiring leader at your school. Thanks!
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay