Episode 19: Do You Treat Your Car Better Than You Treat Yourself?
4 Ways That You Can Treat Yourself Better Than You Treat Your Car
1 Fill the Tank
- Don’t skip lunch
- Make a list of three things that energize you at work, schedule 30 minutes into your day
- Make a list of three things that energize you outside of work, schedule 30 minutes into your day
- Work towards a mini-Sabbatical on the weekend, 24 consecutive hours not working on school. Start small, track it and increase it
2 Check The Oil
- These are things that we are going to do on a regular basis as preventative maintenance, like changing the oil, good tires, etc.
- Get a little more Sleep
- Move a little more
- Eat a little healthier
- Relieve a little stress
3 Pass The Annual Inspection
- Get an annual physical and blood work
- Depending on your age and gender: OBGYN, mammogram, prostate exam
4 Heed the Check Engine Light
- When you feel depleted, exhausted, disinterested, disproportionate reactions, difficulty concentrating, emotional numbness
- Talk to a mental health professional
- Check engine light (pro)
Call to Action
- Listen to Episode 8: How To Overcome Burnout With Boundaries
CLICK HERE for Episode 8: "How To Overcome Burnout With Boundaries"
If you implement any of these strategies at your school, I would love to hear from you! Send me a quick note at [email protected] and tell me about it. I can answer your questions and I’m also good at giving pep talks when you get stuck!
CLICK HERE for a bunch of free resources, including Plug & Play PD's (video webinars with guided notes) for you to use with your teachers, Top Lists of Leadership Books, Productivity Books, TED Talks and much more!
Please follow, rate and review this podcast. The rating helps this podcast to be heard by more leaders and your review gives me valuable feedback so that I can better serve you in future episodes. If you got value from this episode, please text the link to an aspiring leader at your school. Thanks!
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay