Episode 23 Show Notes
My 5 Biggest Leadership Mistakes And How To Avoid Them
- Not Prioritizing my health
- Believing a story that wasn’t true
- Letting my integrity slip
- Being a positional leader
- Not setting boundaries
1) Not Prioritizing My Health
How To Avoid
- You are your most valuable asset
- You have only one you
- Eat a little healthier
- Move a little more
- Mental Health
- Talk to someone
- CLICK HERE to Listen to Episode 4: The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Private School Leaders
2) Believing A Story That Wasn't True
How To Avoid
- Change the story
- Facts not Feelings
- Grow Yourself as a person and as a leader.
- CLICK HERE for The 21 Irrefutable Laws Of Leadership by John Maxwell. (This is an affiliate link. If you purchase through this link, I get a commission of 4% of the price of the book to help defray the costs of the podcast and the website. You don’t have to use this link). This was the first leadership book that wife bought for me in the mid-90's when I didn't believe in myself. I believe that every school leaders should read this book.
- If you want to grow your skills and change your story, CLICK HERE to check out the Resources page on my website.
3) Letting My Integrity Slip
How To Avoid
- Make integrity your most important trait
- Many: problem-solver, cool under pressure, empathic listener, high in emotional intelligence, courageous,
- Tell the truth, even if you don’t want to hear it
- Honest Feedback
- Don’t gossip, Confidential
- Set the example
4) Being A Positional Leader
- Practice Servant Leadership
- Serve first, lead second, make a difference
- CLICK HERE to listen to Episode 5: How Servant Leadership Can Transform Your School's Culture
- CLICK HERE to listen to Episode 6: The Top 10 Things That Servant Leaders Do
6) Not Setting Boundaries
- CLICK HERE to listen to Episode 8: How To Overcome Burnout With Boundaries
I’ve created a FREE RESOURCE for you called “The Top 6 Ways To Protect Your School From a Lawsuit”. This is a 10 page pdf that will help you to keep your staff and students safe and help keep your school out of court. Litigation is expensive, time consuming and extremely stressful. This common sense guide will help you to be more intentional and proactive when it comes to protecting your school. CLICK HERE to grab “The Top 6 Ways To Protect Your School From a Lawsuit” Thanks!
If you implement any of these strategies at your school, I would love to hear from you! Send me a quick note at [email protected] and tell me about it. I can answer your questions and I’m also good at giving pep talks when you get stuck!
CLICK HERE for a bunch of free resources, including Plug & Play PD's (video webinars with guided notes) for you to use with your teachers, Top Lists of Leadership Books, Productivity Books, TED Talks and much more!
Please follow, rate and review this podcast. The rating helps this podcast to be heard by more leaders and your review gives me valuable feedback so that I can better serve you in future episodes. If you got value from this episode, please text the link to an aspiring leader at your school. Thanks!
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay