Episode 25 Show Notes
Why are clear expectations so important?
- Reduces confusion and miscommunication (Clarity, everyone on same page)
- Increases employee engagement (“A truly engaged employee feels confident about their role in their company, and they know what is expected of them at every step of a project or task”)
- Increases productivity
- Improved morale
- More autonomy
- Less micromanagement from the leader
- Happier teachers
- Clarity allows you to hold your teachers accountable
Provide examples of WHY expectations are important (Blog post Business News Daily)
Offer concrete examples as to why you’ve set certain expectations, and explain to your team how these expectations connect to the big-picture goals of the company.
- Being on time for work ensures operations run smoothly.
- Adhering to the dress code casts the company in a professional light among customers.
Displaying a positive attitude at work helps employees deal with stress and keeps morale up.
6 THINGS THAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ME
- Sufficient Notice When Things Change
- Autonomy With Accountability
- Enthusiasm/Positive Attitude
6 THINGS THAT I EXPECT FROM YOU
- Excellent Classroom Management
- High Expectations for Students and Self
- Timely Communication with Parents
- A Positive Attitude
- Pride in being a Middle School Teacher at this school
- Clear expectations are VERY important
- Honestly assess whether or not your teachers have VERY clear expectations (ASK THEM)
- Develop clear expectations for YOURSELF and your TEAM
- Communicate them clearly and explain WHY they are important
Call to Action
- Honestly assess whether or not your teachers have VERY clear expectations (ASK THEM) Which 50% do your teachers fall into?
CLICK HERE for Business News Daily Blog Post
CLICK HERE for enmehr.com Blog Post
I’ve created a FREE RESOURCE for you called “The Top 6 Ways To Protect Your School From a Lawsuit”. This is a 10 page pdf that will help you to keep your staff and students safe and help keep your school out of court. Litigation is expensive, time consuming and extremely stressful. This common sense guide will help you to be more intentional and proactive when it comes to protecting your school. CLICK HERE to grab “The Top 6 Ways To Protect Your School From a Lawsuit” Thanks!
If you implement any of these strategies at your school, I would love to hear from you! Send me a quick note at [email protected] and tell me about it. I can answer your questions and I’m also good at giving pep talks when you get stuck!
CLICK HERE for a bunch of free resources, including Plug & Play PD's (video webinars with guided notes) for you to use with your teachers, Top Lists of Leadership Books, Productivity Books, TED Talks and much more!
Please follow, rate and review this podcast. The rating helps this podcast to be heard by more leaders and your review gives me valuable feedback so that I can better serve you in future episodes. If you got value from this episode, please text the link to an aspiring leader at your school. Thanks!
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay