Episode 37 Show Notes
- Create an Annual Portfolio to make yourself a happier and better compensated leader.
- Start a Googledoc with three sections: "Positive Comments", "Accomplishments" and "Professional Development"
- Paste positive comments into the Googledoc when you get an email, a text, a card or even when someone gives you a verbal compliment.
- Add to the "Accomplishments" section every time you accomplish something of average or above average significance at work.
- Add to the "Professional Development" section every time you do something to grow yourself professionally.
- In May, review and edit your Googledoc.
- Add a cover page and present it to your boss in digital form or printed out in a binder.
- Present your Annual Portfolio to your boss three days before your annual review. If you do not have an annual review, present it to your boss one week after the last day of school.
- When you are feeling discouraged or feeling like an imposter, read every word of your Annual Portfolio.
Call to Action:
- Start a Googledoc, type “Positive Comments” at the top, skip a few lines and type “Accomplishments”
- Put it in your calendar, one week after last day of school “Turn in Portfolio”
CLICK HERE to listen to Episode 27: Try These 6 Strategies To Overcome Imposter Syndrome
I want to give you a gift to say “thank you” for listening to the podcast. I have created a FREE guide for you called “5 Strategies To Help You Work With Difficult Parents”. We know that working with parents is part of the job and most of our parents are great, but some of them can be very demanding and emotional and difficult. This guide will give you the tools that you need to build better relationships and have better meetings with the difficult parents at your school. CLICK HERE to grab the guide. Thank you again for listening every week!
If you implement any of these strategies at your school, I would love to hear from you! Send me a quick note at [email protected] and tell me about it. I can answer your questions and I’m also good at giving pep talks when you get stuck!
CLICK HERE for a bunch of free resources, including Plug & Play PD's (video webinars with guided notes) for you to use with your teachers, Top Lists of Leadership Books, Productivity Books, TED Talks and much more!
Please follow, rate and review this podcast. The rating helps this podcast to be heard by more leaders and your review gives me valuable feedback so that I can better serve you in future episodes. If you got value from this episode, please text the link to an aspiring leader at your school. Thanks!
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay